Bali is one of the world’s major tourist destinations. every year thousands of tourists visit the island. from domestic tourists to foreign tourists. Bali has a unique culture, this is what makes many tourists come to Bali. in addition, the island also has many beautiful beaches and landscapes are no less interesting. From many tourist destinations in Bali, below I will present some of the main tourist attractions in Bali.
1. Uluwatu temple.
Uluwatu temple is located in the southern part of Bali. a great time to visit this place is in the afternoon. interesting thing here is:
- The temple architecture built on steep cliffs
- Beautiful Sunset
- Kecak dance performances
Places of interest around Uluwatu temple is:
- GWK cultural park – is an cultural tourism area . every day we can watch Balinese dance performances. the icon of this place is a Garuda Wisnu statue. but until this article was written, the statue is unfinished.
- Dreamland beach – a beautiful white sand beach. This beach often become pre-wedding photo location. to see the beauty of this beach you can find a photo or video of this beach in the google search easily.
- Pandawa beach – one more beautiful beach in southern Bali. This attraction is relatively new. Previously, the entrance to the beach is very difficult. But now, the local government of Bali has made the road to the beach pandawa. One of the uniqueness of this beach is the statue of the five Pandavas were made on the cliffs. This beach is surrounded by cliffs. The name of this sculpture is taken for the name of this beach “pandawa beach “
- Nusa Dua – This place is famous for a hotel complex named BTDC. there are many five star hotels. that is not less interesting is the beach of Nusa Dua. Nusa Dua beach beauty has been very popular among tourists.
- Tanjung Benoa – a bit to the north of Nusa Dua, you will arrive at Tanjung Benoa. This area is famous for water sport activities. we could easily find water sport in this area. other than that in this area there are also many hotels in various classes.
- Jimbaran beach – became the main destination for culinary fans, especially seafood. Along the beach there are a lot of restorant which sells fresh fish dishes. which is interesting here is the atmosphere. here we can eat while enjoying the sunset. or at night we could see the view of the lights around jimbaran hill .
- Kuta Beach – who does not know Kuta. the area that became the main destination for surfers. there we can see a lot of hotels with a variety of classes. restaurant. shopping centers, as well as other tourism support facilities. so it is not surprising that almost every day there is traffic jam in Kuta.
2. Ubud village
Ubud is a village that is very preserving Balinese culture. That is why many tourists visit this village, both domestic and foreign. Because the number of foreign tourists visiting (even staying in Ubud) makes Ubud called international village . Besides visiting places of interest and look closely at the culture of Bali. In Ubud we could easily find a hotel, villa or a Homestay. Almost all travelers needs can be found easily. Points of interest in Ubud and surrounding areas:
- Ubud Palace (Puri Saren ) – is the home of the royal family of Ubud. here we can see how the architecture of Bali in earlier times. here there is also a Balinese dance performance.
- Ubud Traditional Market – from the name we would know if this is a market with traditional systems. there are many in selling the goods of local handicrafts.
- Monkey forest ubud – is a small forest area inhabited thousands of monkeys. they are friendly enough so that it can take pictures selfie together. this article expalin more about monkey forest ubud bali .
- Tegenungan waterfall
- Rice terrace view in tegallalang.
- Tampak Siring Temple – the temple is always filled with visitors both tourists and local people. balinese people often come to this temple to perform self purification with shower with water from the holy spring in this temple.
- Mas village – is the center of wooden handicrafts, such as sculptures, masks or other wood decoration.
- Batuan village – is the center of the painting. This area is famous for its traditional painting called batuan style. In addition to painting, we can also see a house with ancient architecture. Building shape is maintained, so that the same as the home of Bali in earlier times.
- Sukawati village – famous for the art market. here is sold a variety of craft arts such as paintings, wood crafts, gold and silver and other art items. This place much visited by local tourists.
- Goa lawah temple – is an ancient temple relics of the 11th century.
- Batubulan village – This village is known by the barong dance, Kecak and sales center stone sculptures.
Kintamani known for its volcano. The interesting thing in kintamani is it’s natural scenery. Here we can see the beautiful Batur Mountain with it’s lakes. Therefore, there are many restaurants offering lunch atmosphere with a view of the Batur Mountain.
4. Besakih temple
Besakih temple often called the mother temple. The name is due to Besakih temple is the center of the temple in Bali. This is a complex of temples. In which there are many small temples temple with Penataran Agung temple as its center.
Bedugul is located in northern Bali. Being in the highlands, making the air in bedugul very cool. This place has a fairly high rainfall. some of interesting point in bedugul are:
- Kebun Raya Bedugul – is the region which was built as a place of research and conservation of tropical rain forest plants. at the same time developed into an attractive tourist spot.
- Ulundanu temple – temple which was built in the middle of the beratan lake.
- Three lake that is Buyan lake , Tamblingan lake and Beratan lake.
- Fruit and vegetable market in the Candi kuning village.
- Pacung with it’s rice terrace view.
6. Tanah Lot temple.
I’m sure you already know about Pura Tanah Lot. This temple is built on the rock so that when the tide, the temple seem to float in the ocean. Besides the beauty of the temple, the tanah lot is also a good place to see the sunset. so if you want to enjoy the beauty of the Tanah lot, is strongly recommended for visit in the afternoon.
Attractions that I described above is a major tourist destination in the offer in bali tour. every travel agent made a variation from the tour to the place. if you want to make your own tour itinerary, please read How to create your own bali tour itinerary